Go figure I’m in Houston on National Margarita Day – Ole! The weather is beautiful here in Texas and there’s not a cloud in the sky. Sadly, I need to rest inside right now because well I’ve traveled almost around the world in less than 2 days. I tried running earlier and just couldn’t do it. So, nap time first, then a run and then a nice dinner with a good friend and early to bed. I have my long run in the AM – 14/15 miles is the goal. #fingerscrossed If you plan on celebrating with a margarita today, try this recipe. It’s not just good, it’s probably the best cocktail I’ve ever had, ever.
- 2.5 oz Patron Silver tequila
- 2 oz simple syrup
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 3 slices cucumber
- 1 slice jalepeno pepper or serrano pepper
- handful of cilantro and a sprig for garnish
- Muddle the pepper, cucumber and cilantro well. This is the biggest step, you really got to muddle these 3 ingredients well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and sake in a cocktail shaker, then pour through strainer over ice in a salt rimmed glass. Add a sprig of cilantro for garnish and enjoy.