There’s nothing like a good cocktail when you’re home for the holidays, right?!
My sister doesn’t love wine quite like I do, but honestly…who does?!?
Plus, she’s still breast feeding and can’t drink a whole lot right now anyways - sorry if that was TMI.
So on Thanksgiving, I decided to create a fun, holiday cocktail using a white wine base.
It was as fun, festive, low cal and full of antioxidants too!
I used a dry Chardonnay, but later tried it with a Sauvignon Blanc and liked it even better.
(I muddled the pomegranate seeds & added the ice after I took the picture)
- 4 oz white wine (1/2 cup)
- 1 lime wedge
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds (muddled)
- 2 oz sparkling water (1/4 cup)
- Optional - If you like it sweet - ½ equal packet
- In a glass, add seeds and muddle a little.
- Add white wine, squeeze a lime wedge and throw it in and (optional) ½ Equal packet and top with sparkling water and (optional) ice.
Do you like the sweet cocktails?
I am not a sweet fan – never have been.
My favorites are slightly dirty martinis, vodka tonics, etc…