Confession: I am a nibbler.
I prefer to think of it as fueling my body.
I cant help it, a girl gets hungry every hour or two…
Last year, I made these buffalo chicken puffs for Super Bowl.
I spotted them all over Pinterest and they were good.
Not healthy, but delicious.
I went to make them the other night, i realized i had no low fat or FF cream cheese or rolls.
I spotted some wonton wrappers in my freezer and some steamed sweet potato in the fridge and BAM.
It came to me like a lighting bolt – sweet potatoes are creamy…
I had half a sweet potato in the fridge from the night before – SCORE.
I know this flavor combo sounds a bit odd, but its AMAZING.
Try it on Sunday…
- ½ sweet potato, cooked and peeled
- Gouda cheese,cut into thin strips
- Wonton wrappers
- Flax seeds (I used whole for added crunch)
- 1Tbsp ranch powder
- 2 or 3 shakes - Buffalo sauce (I used Franks Red Hot)
- Salt and pepper
- a little melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Defrost 5 wonton wrappers and lay on baking sheet.
- Place a thin piece of Gouda cheese on each wrapper.
- Scoop out some of the potato mixture on each wrap and roll.
- To finish, I took a tiny bit of melted butter and brushed each one and finished with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 8 minutes, then flip over and cook for another 5 or so until browned.