WARNING: Things may appear more amazing than they taste
I have to admit, when I got the email last month about my entrance into the SRC, I was excited.
The SRC, Secret Recipe Club, pairs up individuals with a goal, to create something from one another’s blog.
I was paired with Fit Mama Real Food.
I was really excited to read that Heather shares a passion for fitness, like me.
Instead of selecting one of her healthier recipes, I picked a dessert, for a pre-Valentine’s Day treat.
My husband is a super sweet lover and since we are about to go on vacation…
I decided to make him some cookies before the cruise.
I saw her dark chocolate pretzel cookies and knew that sweet – salty combo was a winner!
Before I continue this post, I would like to say that I am a baking failure.
Last year I made 5 Angel Food cakes for my husbands birthday and they all came out like scrambled eggs.
NO WAY does this means the recipe was bad, it looked delicious.
The 1st time I tried to make this….the cookies came out OK.
FULL of flavor, but cakey and dry.
My husband made sure to tell me they were good too, thanks honey.
The next day, I tried again.
I couldn’t let it go.
They actually came out much worse the second time.
They were spongy, really spongy.
I had to do a video, so you could really understand.
What did I do wrong?
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup pretzels, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl stir together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture in with the wet ingredients, along with the chocolate chips and pretzels until just combined.
- Drop large spoonfuls of dough onto an unlined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the bottoms are crispy.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?