If you follow me on Instagram, and you should, you probably have been drooling over my breakfast this week.
I’ve been making my Corey egg sandwiches for a while now…and they never disappoint.
I love breakfast.
I’ve probably have not gone more than a 20 times in my life without eating it.
I’m a HUGE breakfast girl.
Always have been, always will.
About 4 years ago, I discovered I could make healthy egg white mcmuffins, at home in the microwave.
They were fluffy, easy to make, tasted great and looked just like the real thing!
Ask any of my friends and they can tell you, they’ve had one and they loved it.
- English muffin – I like Ezekiel 7 grain
- egg whites – 6 tablespoons or 2 large egg whites
- turkey bacon or turkey sausage
- sharp cheddar cheese or gouda
- green onion
- optional – lettuce, hot sauce, hummus, flax seeds, etc…
- In a microwavable safe container, spray thoroughly to prevent egg from sticking, then pour egg whites into dish.
- Lay turkey bacon or turkey sausage on paper towel and cook in microwave.
- Then, toast your muffin, if preferred.
- Next, place egg dish inside microwave for 30 seconds. Then, using a spoon or fork, quickly flip egg over in dish and cook for another 30 seconds.
- While dish is still hot sprinkle some cheese on egg while preparing sandwich.
- The trick is to have a glue of some sort between each layer to hold the sandwhich together, ie – a tiny bit of hummus or cheese.
Get a microwave safe mcmuffin size dish
Spray with cooking spray (so egg doesn’t stick)
Use egg whites of choice
warning: if you use real eggs, you MUST whip well, as they will explode in the microwave
I promise after you try it a couple times, you can make it in under 3 minutes.
It’s under 300 calories, it’s filling and healthy and packed full of protein too!
Do you ever cook eggs in the microwave?
Have any funny egg stories?
One time I was making hard boiled eggs and totally forgot about them.
I went out on a date and when I returned, all 5 eggs had exploded all over my apt.
When we opened the door to my apt. we saw it was covered in little egg bits.
The smell was horrible, not to mention the clean up.
Let’s just say the guy was really understanding.
That was the 4th date with my husband!
The funny thing is…
2 months before we got married, I did it again.