This weekend, Glen and I worked so hard on our home improvements…
I decided to try out a new cocktail recipe.
Cucumbers, Cranberry, Vodka…hmm…it could be interesting!
The Verdict – We both really liked them – light, refreshing with a hint of cucumber flavor.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups grated english cucumber (about 1 cucumber), plus cucumber wedges for garnish
- 9 oz vodka, chilled
- 12 oz cranberry juice (no sugar added)
- ½ cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- Ice, for serving
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a small pot. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring until all the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, stir in grated cucumber, and let cool.
- Pour through a fine sieve into a bowl or cup and discard the solids. (you should have about 2 cups of liquid)
- Cucumber syrup can be refrigerated up to 3 days.
- Combine cucumber syrup, vodka, cranberry juices in a 2 qt. pitcher. Cocktail can be refrigerated up to 8 hours.
- Serve over ice and garnish with a cucumber wedge.
Yesterday, was a very busy day of running around, getting my haircut and packing.
What do you think of my new do?
What am I packing for you ask???
~ B’s wedding ~
Tomorrow morning I fly to Nevis, where B & Jason will be getting married on Thursday!
I’m under strict orders from the bride not to say anything else…so that is all you get for now.
Just in case you are wondering where Nevis is, here is a map!
Have you ever been to a destination wedding?
Other than my own…I have not. I’m super excited!