Don’t those look delicious?
Mexican sweet potato fries – yum.
I created this amazing lunchtime meal last week with a smuggled sweet potato from the US.
Yes, we have sweet potatoes here, but they are NOT the same.
I normally veer toward sweet toppings for my sweet potatoes but decided to gamble and go for spice instead.
The gamble paid off , they were amazing!
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunky fries size
- ½ Tbsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper - optional
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes with a healthy drizzle of olive oil and mix.
- Mix in spices and spread out on cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Cook for 15, remove tray and turn fries over. Place back in oven for another 10 minutes or so. Time may vary due to oven differences.
- Top with shredded cheese and sour cream.
It’s been a while since we had a visitor but tonight Glen’s mom arrives!
This is her 1st visit, so we’re excited to show her all that Trinidad has to offer.
Tomorrow will be a trip to the beach – fingers crossed it doesn’t rain.
This morning, I skipped my 2 mile easy run for a P90X Plyometrics workout w/ Stephanie.
That dvd is always a killer – always.
Off to finish watching the Detroit Tigers beat the Yankees and advance to the World Series!
P.S. – This cartoon has been making me giggle all day!