Happy Reveal Day Group B!
The SRC or Secret Recipe Club is this awesome group I’ve been in for a while now.
Once a month, you’re secretly assigned another group members blog…
Then, you’re challenged to re-create one of their recipes, then blog about it.
I love it because it pushes me out of my comfort zone in the kitchen.
This month I was assigned to The Hobo Kitchen.
Ellie and I have a Caribbean connection…
I used to live in Trinidad and she grew up in the Bahamas.
When I first checked our Ellie’s extensive recipe index…
My eyes jumped right to the Cheesy Garlic Monkey Bread recipe.
Gooey, cheesy, carb-loaded deliciousness…
But when I tried buying the refrigerated biscuit dough in London, I couldn’t find it anywhere.
Since my parents had just arrived from the US, the mood was festive and fun…
So, I opted for a liquid choice next.
The morning my parents arrived, it snowed for the 1st time all Winter in London.
So, I figured a tropical cocktail would heat us right up.
It was easy to make, wasn’t too sweet and everyone loved it!
I think its a great (not-your-same-old) option to whip up for your next get together/party.
I added the mint and rum to spike the fruit up a bit, so that step is optional.
Who says you can only drink Sangria in the Summertime?!?!
- ¾ of a 750ml bottle white wine (I used a sauvignon blanc)
- 8oz Bacardi
- 3 cups Unsweetened Pineapple juice
- 5 Tbsp simple syrup
- 8oz Sprite
- Handful of mint - torn (a couple leaves for garnish)
- 1 lemon - sliced thinly
- 1 lime - sliced thinly
- 1 orange - sliced thinly (I used a blood orange)
- Slice the orange, lemon, and lime into half.
- Squeeze the juice of the citrus halves into the pitcher.
- Slice the other half of the fruits into rounds and add to pitcher.
- Add the cup of Bacardi, simple syrup and torn mint leaves and let sit for an hour.
- Add ice, juice and Sprite.
Do You Like Sangria?
I love making a white peach Sangria in the Summer