This review is different than the last because well, it would be a novel if I reviewed the entire 13 day trip bit by bit. The ship, service, spa, food and entertainment all score very high with a A in my opinion. Celebrity is well know for all of these things and they didn’t disappoint (they even had turkey sausage and chicken sausage). The shows were fabulous and we saw the funniest juggler/comedian ever in the beginning of the cruise. Since we had a lot of overnight ports, it was a different atmosphere on board. The casino was closed, there were a lot of night excursions and everyone else normally wanted to sleep because it would be an early rise the next day. The only negative comment I would say was I really wanted more sea days, those would have balanced out the go-go-go nature of the trip. So, I couldn’t possibly review our entire trip but here are some highlights, insights and a couple things we learned along the way!
1. Canal tour in Copenhagen – We walked into town (don’t pay for a shuttle) then booked our own canal tour. It was fun, informative and MUCH cheaper than the ship’s trip.
2. The über cool Rock Church in Helsinki...honesty it was the only cool thing in that city.
3. In Estonia, we found a 6 euro self-guided audio walking tour by the port to rent and it was awesome, we saw all the cool spots, learned a bunch and even found a cool wine museum along the way.
4. Stockholm was AWESOME – we went to this cool hipster part of the city they call SoFo and it was packed with vintage shops, cool cafes and an awesome market where we enjoyed a yummy lunch.
5. The Ice Bar in Stockholm – a MUST visit.
6. We played Family Feud on a sea day and I successfully answered every single number 1 answer…I gotta get on that show!
1. This Baltic adventure was very fun, but way too go, go go for me, we only had 2 sea days and each port has so much to see and do, you get a bit worn out. I personally love sea days so I really missed just veggie out and relaxing.
2. Never ever pay for a cruise shuttle into town, most towns you can walk to or find a hop on hop off bus for a cheap price.
3. Before cruising investigate off ship tours, we went with a company called SBP Tours for our 2nd day in Russia and I could not recommend them more, probably the coolest and most interesting tour I’ve ever been on.
3. If you cruise on Celebrity, you MUST dine at The Lawn Club Grill one night. Yes you have to pay extra but it completely worth it. Plus, you get to make your own flatbread…
1. Do not book your specialty dining before getting on the ship, ever. They will always offer discounts while sailing to dine there, for example, for our last night we got the lawn club at 50% off, just because we asked.
2. Pay attention to the fun and free games onboard. I entered a raffle to play a guest/employee slot tournament and got a chance to play. Then, my team won….I won 100 bucks and afterwards they drew a raffle rocket for a 50 dollar voucher and the hubby won!
3. I will never book a ship excursion again, research and book ahead of time with another company, go to Trip Advisor and check out what company has the best reviews.
4. We normally choose a room away from the elevator but this time we choose one 4 rooms away and it was extremely convenient. Plus, the room balcony was angled so we had a huge balcony.
5. Take a rest and don’t beat yourself up over skipping a port day. This cruise was so crazy go-go-go that you needed to rest and skip a port day every so often. If you don’t, you’ll be tired and grumpy and no fun to be around anyways!
All in all, I think we’ll be sticking with Celebrity from here on out. You just can’t beat the service and level of quality without going up another level and spending a whole bunch more money. If you’re worried about an older crowd, don’t be, especially on this cruise, most of the people on that ship were running very active and we met a ton of honeymooners even young than us!