I’ve never really been a person who likes sweet drinks or cocktails so when I suggest a drink to y’all, it’s gotta be really good. While on our awesome cruise with NCL, I stumbled upon the bar Tobacco Road. I intially was going to order a glass of wine but then I decided to take a chance and order the Grass Clippings margarita with a spicy kick. WOWSERS. It’s not just good, it’s probably the best cocktail I’ve ever had, ever. My husband hates cilantro and tequila and he went crazy over it too. So good I’ve spent the last two weeks trying to recreate this drink and I think I’ve finally done it. Well, mine isn’t as green but it tasted just as good, more muddling needed next time.
- 2.5 oz Patron Silver tequila
- 2 oz simple syrup
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 3 slices cucumber
- 1 slice jalepeno pepper or serrano pepper
- handful of cilantro and a sprig for garnish
- Muddle the pepper, cucumber and cilantro well. This is the biggest step, you really got to muddle these 3 ingredients well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and sake in a cocktail shaker, then pour through strainer over ice in a salt rimmed glass. Add a sprig of cilantro for garnish and enjoy.