Today is the last day of 2017, crazy isn’t?! Yesterday I shared the highlights of my year and all the crazy changes it brought...click here to see my year in photos.
I love running but every year as I get a bit older, I realize that in order to keep running healthy and strong I have to keep up things like yoga too. I have to take better care of my body because to be honest, I’m no spring chicken anymore…this year I’ll be 39. (gasp) So instead of this post titled 2018 Running Goals, it’s running with a dash of healthy living mixed in.
Have you thought about your year ahead? I really don’t believe in NY resolutions, instead I like to think of all the possibilities 2018 can bring and in order to make those exciting things come true…hard work and determination will be required. I find that when you want something really bad, you can make it happen. Cheers to accomplishing our goals! xo
1. Yoga – I’m starting my 4 x a week yoga challenge yesterday, starting off with 30 days and I plan on following thru. I found a nice studio nearby and I took my 1st class in months, a 60 minute Bikram (hot) session and I didn’t die. But I did realize how tight and inflexible I’ve become…looking forward to loosening up and getting stronger.
2. Lowering My A1c to under 7 and Keeping It There – After living with high blood sugars and no medical help for the past 2 years in the UK, I was thrilled to have finally lowered my A1c this last time down to 7.6%. I know I can get it lower and I plan on doing everything in my power to get that number to 7 or below ASAP.
3. A 5k PB – I never thought about a 5k PB until a couple months ago. But now that I’ve focused on it, I’m super determined to make it happen. I know I can run faster, I know I can. I’ve entered at least two 5k races a month for the first 4 months of 2018 and will continue to do until I achieve my goal.
4. 7 Hours of Sleep a Night (No Matter What…) – I have seen the benefits of sleep and am making it a massive priority to get 7 hours of sleep every night. I’m in the process of creating a reward system to keep me motivated…
5. A Half Marathon PB – I won’t lie, it was a total shock I earned a half PB this year on a hilly course so now that I know what a half PB feels like…I want another one. Yes, I’m greedy like that! My 1st half is on Feb 3rd and it could be a fabulous start to my 2018 year of running…
6. Be (a lot) Easier on Myself – I’m hard on myself, really hard. So I plan on being easier on myself in all areas of my life. Being a nicer person (to me) will lead to less stress therefore more happiness. #hardestgoalever
I Wish Everyone a Safe & Happy NYE!