So how’s your 2018 going so far?!? Mine is going OK, busy getting us settled still and training is keeping me busy. And if your wondering how it takes me so long to get settled, please let me remind you we haven’t lived in the US for over 6+ years – we had no car, no home, no stuff, no vet and most importantly no Dr.’s and the last one for me is the most important.
All these things take time…especially when you move around Thanksgiving, Christmas then New Years. So many public holidays…anywho bit by bit it’s all getting done. Thursday’s are for Thinking Out Loud, lets get started…
1. Burrr ❄️ I moved to Florida to get away from the cold and it’s freezing here this week! Thank goodness it will be back in the 70’s F by Sunday.
2. Damn Knee 🙈 This morning I spent getting an X-ray on my knee, it’s still hurting and my coach wants me to get it checked out. Apparently X-rays are mandatory before seeing the knee doc. My Dr. apt is on Monday.
3. Say Cheese 😃 After my X-ray, I headed to the DMV to get a Florida driver’s license FINALLY…they are very strict in this state about handing out DL and I hit a couple speed bumps and after waiting 2 hours today…it still didn’t happen! 🙈
4. Inspiring Body Image Running Article 💪🏻Allie Kieffer is a professional American distance runner and positive body image activist. She recently placed 5th at the 2017 New York City Marathon, by shaving 26 minutes off her personal best.
5. How To Get Away With Murder 🔪 Living overseas does have some perks, like not being able to watch American TV. I’d never seen this show and over the Holidays was able to binge watch (while spinning) all 4 seasons…it’s sooooo good!
6. Running w/My T1D Nephew – Jan 13 is the St. Pete Classic, a weekend of running fun. I’ll be running the 10k but last nite I saw they had kid races (complete with t shirts & medals) so I signed up my nephew Ashton. He turned 7 today and I can’t wait to run with him!